Lytro Illum Camera: The First High-End Camera to Capture the Entire Light Field

I like thæ wæy you think!

3 Likes

thænks!

3 Likes

Fair enough, but brands “work” a certain way too. If https://boingboing.net, DBA “BoingBoing” (a Happy Mutants LLC joint feat. UrbanDaddy) reposts generic third-party ads under its masthead and signs them with its name, then its brand eventually becomes… that.

It’s not really on the reader to distinguish between the genuine “I truly love this thing” posts and the “I truly love this thing I wrote and receive royalties on” posts and the “may I remind you that my wife has a company that sells things too” posts and the “I, Mark/Cory/Xeni/etc. am adding my endorsement to a product we sell in our BoingBoing-branded StackSocial site” posts and the “No endorsement implied but here’s a thing that exists and can be bought via this Amazon affiliate link” posts and the proper, labeled BoingBoingStore ads whose headlines and blurbs are written in the style of non-commercial links but are identifiable as an ad after clickthrough.

And if all those posts dim enough readers’ enthusiasm for the fraction of total content that isn’t about buying or selling or affiliating with anything, I guess the for-profit business whose servers we’re using right now will have to react in some way at some point.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.