Magical History Tour

good-omens-crowley-aziraphale-cheers

7 Likes

Nice, good for him. My respect for him remains at a high level. It’s a curiously British thing that those who don’t eagerly accept royal trinkets is something that isn’t talked about in polite company but then you have to respect the wishes of someone not wanting to make a big deal about it.

1 Like

Black magic. I don’t think 911 should be rated higher than this year.

5 Likes

‘Irresponsible, immature … completely lacking in soldierly qualities’: Why the Army booted Jerry Garcia 60 years ago

3 Likes

Historians…

The historians from U.S. and British universities including Yale, Stanford, Cornell, Johns Hopkins, Oxford and Cambridge, as well as some independent historical authors

OH, they mean a bunch of rich white dudes with job security!

Maybe 68, tho. That was a shit year.

3 Likes
1 Like

F ur feelings, the military industrial entertainment complex has some shiny propaganda to sell and a pandemic doesn’t turn you into a jingoistic idiot so it’s no use.

4 Likes

My feelings are virginal.

3 Likes

I should be shocked that a bunch of privileged men claiming expert status couldn’t be arsed asking round a little bit before opining. Actually I am.

3 Likes

Except that’s their signature move!

4 Likes

I think I meant I shouldn’t be. But it’s still bonkers. Were they all of the type of tame GOP shill academic and homophobe oh no I’m not but the cameras aren’t on me now so I’ll say something outrageously homophobic Niall Ferguson?

God I hate him. Gives historians and academics a bad name.

4 Likes

Charles Dickens wrote about the diphtheria crisis of 1856 – and it all sounds very familiar

4 Likes

It’s odd to see archeology from within one’s own lifetime.

5 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes

From the Bastille to the Capitol: Storming government buildings through the ages

3 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes