Magical History Tour

TIL -

4 Likes

Forgot Valentine’s Day? Never mind, today marks 75 years of the Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer

Happy ENIAC Day! Join us for a celebration of the 75th anniversary of the launch of the Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer.
[…]

5 Likes
6 Likes

I recently watched Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom on Netflix, which was about a recording session with Ma Rainey and her band. It was quite good, and shined a light on the phenomenon of the Blues Queens.

3 Likes

Linked from the BLM topic, because this includes events across centuries of American history:

3 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

The material in Sandgruber’s book could be enough, she argues, for a potential new film on Hitler’s family origins.

Please don’t. We don’t need Young Hitler, whether it is modelled on The Young Pope or Young Sheldon.

6 Likes

Besides, we already have The Boys from Brazil.

5 Likes

History behind the lost Columbian Harmony Cemetery:

8 Likes

Even in death, no respect for the humanity of 37,000 citizens.

7 Likes

More on Henrietta Wood, one of the women in the initial list above, and her family:

5 Likes

Love this year’s theme:

"Valiant Women of the Vote: Refusing to Be Silenced.

2 Likes
4 Likes

It’s hopeless. I’ve tried everything.

3 Likes

Pfft! I can stop watching her anytime I want…
[Checks history show watch list]
…in 2022. That’s assuming no new shows are released between now and then, of course. :nerd_face:

7 Likes

TIL -

7 Likes

I wonder if all that was some sort of psychological compensation for his shitty personal behavior.

2 Likes

Come On No GIF by BBC

That sucks.

4 Likes