Man who bought Gawker for less money than a hat shutters company, keeps hat

Even an Air Cadet cap unfolds with woolen neck and ear coverings.

Cameron

(A fake background projected on to a screen behind. Mine have a forest background.)

Because you never really wanted to be an air cadet anyway… You wanted to be… a lumberjack. Leaping from tree to tree as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia . . .

8 Likes

bcb85a00-8482-456c-8a7f-070cb5f569b4_text

4 Likes

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/trolleys

Sounds about right to me

4 Likes

And yet, some how people pay a hundred times more for a painting than for a hat! Crazy.

I’m also reminded that the guy who forged Hitler’s diaries got his start as a boy selling Hitler’s hat.
I hope there was a Certificate of Authenticity clipped to Goldberg’s purchase.

3 Likes

Picture, please. :wink:

3 Likes

Apparently it’s Just Not Done. You’re drilled to keep the uniform pristine, after all. As I recall, the two brass buttons on the front end up as a chin strap.

I wanted to take the ham radio course, but found out that first year cadets can’t take that course, and then found out that there was no one to teach the course. I guess I did learn a valuable lesson there.

4 Likes

So how does anyone know it unfolds with neck and ear covers? :wink:

(Or is it ‘done’ - but ‘just not done’ to take pictures of it in that mode?)

3 Likes

I know because I took mine apart once while cleaning the brass. :laughing: Canadian cadets are civilians, and wouldn’t be in field conditions where they’d have to use those surplus uniforms properly.

4 Likes

The lords of BB have decided in their wisdom that we shouldn’t call certain deplorables by the appropriate term, and so have set up Discourse to change the word to “trolley”. Only certain users designated as “Leaders” have been told the secret of writing the proper word “trоll”.

Personally, I find this policy both elitist and an overreaction. Therefore, after some soul-searching I have decided that I can do no other but to share the trick with the general membership and face the consequences.

To write the word trоll in a comment, follow these instructions:

1. Type “trоll” in your comment (without the quotation marks).
  2. Highlight the word, then delete it by using the Backspace key, not the Delete key or any other method.
  3. Repeat Steps 1 and 2.
  4. Type “llort” and delete as in Step 2.

That’s it! Now you should be able to write trоll as many times as you like in that particular comment. Needless to say, you should use it with discretion, and only where appropriate.

Now I’m feeling mean. Don’t actually do this.

4 Likes

Ha! Thanks! Although “trolley” has a certain charm.

12 Likes

9 Likes

meme yoink

7 Likes

napoleon

8 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

They’re all kind of shells of their former shelves though. Io9 is an especially deeply-felt loss, as is the AVClub, which was purchased and similarly exsanguinated.

4 Likes

Know where I can find one? I’d like to check it out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.