Marcel Duchamp's heirs nuke hobbyists' hand-modelled 3D chess-set files

If you turn the models for the pieces into Dali-esque versions (to use one example of a possible transform) of the original hand-carved pieces, I think you could make a strong case in court (if necessary) for that being artistic. If you do something too simple, like turning the pieces upside down, the heirs could more easily attack that as an attempt to game the system. The identity matrix is the simplest transformation, and thus easiest to attack.

It would be like claiming someone violated the DMCA when they bypassed some anti-circumvention mechanism. If your anti-circumvention mechanism used strong crypto, you’re more likely to succeed in your claim than if your anti-circumvention mechanism was encrypted with ROT-13 and much more likely to succeed than if you claim you encrypted it using ROT-26

2 Likes

Show your support for adventurous 20th century by trash talking adventurous 20th Century Music!

1 Like

I managed to record such music a few times myself.

Moral: always check the cables and the input gain.

5 Likes

I dunno. I think I’d find France an easy place to stay out of.

2 Likes

May cause routing issues due to the need to avoid airport hubs in that area. Or for railway travel that cross the Land of Cheese. Otherwise no big deal.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.