Marxist Indoctrination Camps

So much for rightwing claims about oppression faced by them and their views on college campuses.

Why does that canard have such staying power?

The divergent responses have provided a stark illustration of what some critics say is a double standard that has emerged in the fraught campus free speech debates of recent years. That is, in the face of conservative outrage over controversial leftwing views, colleges are quick to condemn and censor. But when racism, hate speech and pro-fascist views emerge, university presidents regularly declare their unwavering commitment to free speech rights – no matter the content.

3 Likes

Hypocrisy on freeze peach issues? Well I never! /s

7 Likes

Don’t you know that hypocrisy is protected as free speech /s

5 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean here?

2 Likes

The “Well I Never!” bit of your post is repeated a bunch in this clip. I always think of this scene when people say that. that’s all.

ETA: Although you don’t get to that bit until a bit later in the clip.

2 Likes

Yep. And it’s not like the right has any trouble getting its messages out there!

4 Likes

Ah! Gotcha. It’s been a while since I’ve seen it. MP is always great.

When a white student at California State University was caught this month wearing blackface, administrators had a clear message: it was racist, but “protected by free speech”.

Then on Wednesday, Randa Jarrar, a Muslim American writer and professor

Yeah. A muslim woman, instead of a white male. Also she was faculty, and he was a student. So there’s also the angle of incoming money vs. outgoing money for the school’s coffers.

5 Likes

Good point.

If college campuses were really anything like Marxist Indoctrination camps, Steven Salaita would occupy an endowed chair by now.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks for the grist.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.