Men have been pushing women out of tech since the beginning

I don’t think it would profit people who benefit from divisiveness… therefore, it wouldn’t profit US politicians currently in power. :imp:

3 Likes

Well by ‘us’ I sort of meant ‘humans with at least one tenth of a soul.’ Obviously, US politicians don’t qualify as they are, technically, classified as a form of fungus, I believe.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Newer companies probably have a better chance of this. The software company I work for grew out of an industry (automotive, American-centric) that was dominated by white male management. No surprise the tech team is predominantly white male. We don’t knowingly discriminate, but the emergent culture winds up being white male nonetheless.

2 Likes

Many newer tech startups went the same route you described, too. They don’t bother to be inclusive from the beginning, and if women were involved they get erased from any success stories told later. If challenged about lack of diversity, they stall by focusing more on analyzing the problem than fixing it.

All this makes me wonder how much progress MAGAF - with all of their resources - have been making on this front:

https://www.recode.net/2017/10/21/16512448/amazon-gender-diversity-leadership-executives-jeff-bezos

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.