Meta (The Meta Superhero Novel Series Book 1)

[Permalink]

This is a fun book! Tom Reynolds is also the host of one of my favorite podcasts The Complete Guide to Everything, with cohost Tim Daniels. Also, there is a second book in this series now: The Second Wave

1 Like

I read this one a few months ago. It occupies roughly the same space in my brain as Brandon Sanderson’s Reckoners series, e.g. set in the modern day, but with sudden superpowers appearing. I’ll agree that it was interesting to read. I expect the author’s work in the future to mature reasonably well.

My only real critique of this was that it wasn’t edited all that well - it’s long enough ago that I don’t remember specifics - but I reckon that with a good editor, there would be a lot of promise.

If you want a superhero story to measure all others by, try the free web serial: Worm

It is epic in length, and as a web serial it could do with a bit of editing in places. But if you don’t mind losing all your free time to a page scroll-er, then i highly recommend it.

Its got that something something that makes for a great read.

This could very well be a fine book, and more power to the author, I wish them all the success in the world. But I am so tired of stories about protagonists that discover they are The One/The Most/The True King/Queen/Our Only Hope/etc.

I read a lot of freshman novels and enjoy them. I feel that anyone brave enough to write and publish a novel deserves to have it read for what it is – as story they passionately wanted to tell. I guess I’m already expecting that they couldn’t afford an editor and have forgiven it out of respect for that passion.

I’m working on something where the protagonist thinks he is a bona fide genius only to find out he is middling to average.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.