Microneedle patch tattoos provide painless pixelated possibilities

I understand that “voluntary” is the key difference here but these still remind me of the scene from Mad Max: Fury Road in which Max’s captors forcibly tattoo all his medical information across his back to make better use of him as a living blood bank.

6 Likes

It makes putting the Mark of the Beast on everyone that much less painful.

3 Likes

Think of the crass, unscrupulous commerce potential! Budget kits with regretable fad designs sold in bars in liquor stores, convenience stores and vending machines! Why wake up from a night of binge drinking with some offensive drawings on your face done in mere sharpie.

3 Likes

I want a legally binding tattoo that would tell an ER doc to help themselves to any tissue from my dead body that could potentially save or improve lives. I’d hate it if my lovely organs were to go to waste if I die in an accident in a country that can’t easily access my national health records or my family in time.

2 Likes

Blood type would not be trusted. Blood bank trusts NO ONE but their own techs.

Other things, like “T1D” (type 1 diabetic) might help, like it would on a MedicAlert tag/

But you also have to rely in that part of your body being undamaged.

2 Likes

5 Likes

gets really annoying when it’s down to half a heart. the tattoo keeps beeping and beeping and beeping and beeping and beeping and beeping …

4 Likes

Blood type tattoo? Hard pass.

3 Likes

So the mark I got when I was vaccinated is no good?

3 Likes

Yet US Marines do this commonly and don’t see the commonality

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.