Microsoft overtakes Apple as world's most valuable company

Originally published at: Microsoft now more valuable than Apple

5 Likes

generative AI revolution

:face_vomiting:

7 Likes

When or if generative AI comes to dominate, who will create the content it scrapes for its infinite repackaging? Answer below.

8 Likes

You beat me to it. Spambot evolution. :confounded:

4 Likes

The future of AI:

7 Likes

Wow, remember when Apple had $4 billion in cash in the bank around 2006 and people were demanding they start paying dividends? Now it’s just the difference in overall valuation between them and Microsoft. In 1997 this company was going to be sold for scrap and had a stock price of $.15 (yes, cents). Unreal.

https://www.thestreet.com/apple/stock/inside-apple-stock-cash-value-and-a-3-trillion-valuation#:~:text=Examining%20Apple's%20free%20cash%20flow,billion%2C%20signifying%20remarkable%20value%20creation.

Hmm, there’s a dangling period on that URL that won’t allow it to load a onebox. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

burn-it-with-fire

3 Likes

it really doesnt. its madness, though. utterly madness.

3 Likes

Does anybody know whether Microsoft has their own investment arm like Apple has with Braeburn?

It does seem like it’s been quite some time since Apple has put out any new innovative, must-have products. The iPad was released 14 years ago, and the iPhone is about 17 years old. I guess they’re hoping that VR takes off with their $3500 headset going on sale this year but I wouldn’t count on it.

1 Like

Increasing the value of Microsoft because of the billions they’ve dumped into OpenAI?

Lets see how that works out for them. Meanwhile, the share holders will be happy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.