Miniature V10 engine

Unfortunately I was lying, although I didn’t know it at the time. Upon doing the research, I find that my car modifies valve timing with solenoids but it still has camshafts. :frowning: It’s complicated; I have a Plug-in Prius and I’ve never had to pull the head off. I apologise for the misinformation.

Good news, though, there is a fully camless engine car on the road! Bad news is I’m not driving it :frowning: :frowning:

I looked under the hood of my Lamborghini the other day and the motor was gone!
But there was a spare motor in the trunk that does a pretty good job getting me around so I haven’t bothered to replace it yet.

3 Likes

Being someone that knows nothing of engines. Is that good?

It was not a comment on the quality of the engine, just a reminder that volume scales with the cube of linear size. So if you reduce to one third height and length and depth the total volume (and so displacement) is 1/27 of the original one.
Actually, I wrote it because I had a moment of puzzlement, since I scaled the displacement in my mind by 3, but a 375 cc 10 cylinders engine has no commercial and technical sense.
Usually engines for cars have 300-500 cc per cylinders, so a 10 cylinders engine should be in the 4-5 liters range. My figure (3.4 liters) is smaller, but I think 1/3 value for scale factor is approximate (to get 5 liters you would need a 1/3.42 scale)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.