Molars colonized by ambitious antiquarian architecture

[Permalink]

i’m assuming it’s a 3d model but even still it’s beautiful…doesn’t make me wanna brush but it is beautiful…

1 Like

For what it’s worth, there’s a pun at work in the Chinese that can’t be rendered easily in English: The word translated as “settle down” (actually better as “to live,” here, “take up residence” IMHO) is a homophone of the word for dental caries. Both are pronounced zhù, the former written with the character 住 and the latter with 蛀.

What sounds like “Don’t let germs settle down” is written so that it reads “Don’t let germs make a cavity.”

Neat, huh?

12 Likes

illusion bangkok for JWT Shanghai

Origin of image. also the image was used in a Luxology Modo advert in which it was made.

More trypophobia?

6 Likes

Maxim makes toothpaste too? Who knew?

1 Like

Reminds me of that simpsons episode…

2 Likes

Alright. They won. I just had to brush my teeth.

You make it sound like making that as a 3d cgi model would be easy?

Probably easier than taking a tooth, carving and photographing it.

Also, am I the only one for whom the link delivers a page without content? I’d love to see bigger and more (if there are any) images.

Funny, I was thinking of a Theodore Sturgeon short story.

1 Like

He, trypophobia.

1 Like

This is just what I needed, after spending yesterday morning having new crowns put in. I had already remembered this.

This is what happens if you let your dentist play with the drill too long

1 Like

Again with the Trypophobic triggers.
Cory hates us.

1 Like

Huh, even clevererer.

Also, for some reason I’m reminded of some of the more architectural 3D fractal renders I’ve seen…

1 Like

More info about this:

Maxam Toiletries presented the case for their brand of toothpaste in “Civilization-Egypt” and “Civilization Rome”, showing ancient ruins in the context of molar teeth. “Don’t let germs settle down.” The campaign won Gold Outdoor and Gold Press Lions at Cannes International Festival of Creativity.

Credits

The Civilizations campaign was developed at JWT Shanghai by chief creative officer Yang Yeo, executive creative director Elvis Chau, creative director Hattie Cheng, copywriter Chanfron Zhao, art dircectors Haoxi Lv and Danny Li, print producers Liza Law, Joseph Yu, Isaac Xu, Chivel Miao, photographer/illustrator Surachai Puthikulangkura at Illusion, illustrator Supachai U-Rairat, producers Somsak Pairew and Anotai Panmongkol.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.