Molding tool makes ducks out of snow

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/02/molding-tool-makes-ducks-out-of-snow.html

6 Likes

This BEGS for so many different versions! Whether naughty (penises/breasts) or not, this has promise =).

4 Likes

They definitely got all their ducks in a row.

14 Likes

(Throws one at neighborhood kids)

Duck!!

"Wow that’s pretty cool…whack!

15 Likes

if you could cut in half you might do some frozen walls

I can now give the bird to somebody during a snowball fight.

See: bird (3)
“middle finger held up in a rude gesture,” slang derived from 1860s expression give the big bird “to hiss someone like a goose,” kept alive in vaudeville slang with sense of “to greet someone with boos, hisses, and catcalls” (1922), transferred 1960s to the “up yours” hand gesture (the rigid finger representing the hypothetical object to be inserted) on notion of defiance and contempt. Gesture itself seems to be much older (the human anatomy section of a 12c. Latin bestiary in Cambridge describes the middle finger as that “by means of which the pursuit of dishonour is indicated”).
Source: Online Etymology Dictionary (a new favorite resource) via StackExchange, What is the origin/meaning of the phrase “flipping the bird”?, 2012 04 12

6 Likes

Pity I don’t have any relatives young enough to enjoy this. Also unfortunately, they appear to be sold out on Amazon, making it an item for Makers with a lot of spare filament.

1 Like

They remind me of Peeps!

4 Likes

(Ahem)…yellow snow?

ETA: Pee-ps.

6 Likes

Missed “snow goose” by this >< much!

2 Likes

Peeps that lack pigmentation? :hatched_chick:

2 Likes

Know about “peep jousting?” Where a toothpick is popped into each peep the out on a paper plate face to face then microwaved untill the expand; the winner is based on which peep takes less damage from its opponent.

I wonder if the files are on thingiverse.com for printing at the local maker space or library?

1 Like

None of your relatives are under 110…?!

2 Likes

Place right next to the maple candy ones, and let the fun begin! Choose wisely…
:nauseated_face: :yum:

4 Likes

5 Likes

What’s the bill?

I saw a gif of that thing years ago, on a European blog site. Saw it again just the other day. Since I didn’t find it on either of my blogs, it musta been in a Daily Kos comment.

There are lots. This is from an ebay seller.

The first snow/sand molds with handles like these were just sphere-shaped.

3 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker (19)

2 Likes

I was going to ask the obvious question but you answered it for me.