Mother forced to pay United extra $150 to lose her son

Completely agree. I may have thought to myself: “This doesn’t seem right”. But there’s little to no chance i would have spoken up.

6 Likes

I have to fly for work, as it’s their preferred. I do not use them for personal use.

It’s amazing how different the service is for a high-paying business-class preferred customer vs normal. It’s like a different world.

And he’ll be delayed.
Ask me how I know.

1 Like

Knowing united, I’m surprised the kid has all his teeth in his mouth.

5 Likes

The Sydney / Sydney mix-up is particularly nasty!

4 Likes

Key and Peele ‘Boarding Gate’

4 Likes

If I was that Boy, I just had the best day of my life!

2 Likes

Still the gate agent i presume scanned the boy’s ticket which would’ve shown that he was on the wrong flight since he wasn’t seated for that flight. It’s for sure multiple failures along the line but damn this is really something

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought of this 'till now but I remember back in the day “this is flight 123 to so-and-so, if this is not your flight this is your last chance to get off” was a semi-regular pre-flight announcement, but I haven’t heard it in many years. Maybe they assume computerized everything makes those mistakes less likely.

5 Likes

I think we’re all missing the point here: United didn’t put him in the hospital, murder his pets, deny him bathroom access for 8 hours, shove him out of a wheelchair or confiscate and destroy all his personal belongings. They really wanted to do all those things but they tried extra extra hard this time and managed to merely send him to the wrong place and charge his family more, making this the best United flight ever!

11 Likes

The problem is that some airlines require “unaccompanied minor” status for teens, no matter how worldly they are. Which means some adult who is supposed to know what they’re doing takes them from Point A to Point B, and the kid/teen is required to follow all instructions from that person.

5 Likes

Perhaps apocryphal, but I seem to recall reading of an Oakland/Auckland mixup years back.

2 Likes

I just remembered the Austin/Houston mixup that involved me renting an SUV in the former, and fetching the hapless travelers from the latter.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.