Mountain lion roaming Pennsylvania town... wasn't that (video)

Originally published at: Mountain lion roaming Pennsylvania town… wasn't that (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

panther

10 Likes

That was even more obviously a house cat (body shape, movement) than most “unknown big cat” videos and pictures.

12 Likes

I was last in Lower Macungie about five months ago for a friend’s wedding, so fake news.

4 Likes

So, the big cat is a … big cat.

8 Likes

Cat is cat. Film at 11:00.

5 Likes

Neighbor cat at home watching the news with his servants after coming inside:

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

6 Likes

Not a mountain lion? Can’t say I’m relieved. A mauling might be preferable to all of the persistent attitude from the smaller domestic dudes. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

RUTVI3T62VE3DBFMCUINMBHZGM

3 Likes

You Can Do It Cat GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

3 Likes

That was the extremely rare “long-tailed bobcat”! :black_cat:

Yes, mountain lion’s heads look a lot smaller in proportion to their body because of their muscular shoulders.

1 Like

This recently happened in Rio de Janeiro too. Jaguar? Ocelot? No, house cat.

https://extra.globo.com/noticias/rio/nem-onca-nem-urca-felino-que-viralizou-em-morro-do-rio-um-gatao-do-flamengo-confira-historia-rv1-1-24413613.html?versao=amp

2 Likes

Recently saw my first in-the-wild mountain lion at night in Great Sand Dunes National Park (thankfully from in the car). It’s really a unique looking cat, and looks absolutely nothing like a domestic cat.

@airshowfan At least I can sorta see thinking a large house cat is an ocelot or maybe a small/young jaguar, from a distance.

1 Like

Bobcat sighting inside my apartment. /s

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.