My polonium-powered Lone Ranger Atomic Bomb Ring

Box it up tight and find a buyer, bro.
Turn that danger into stranger danger profit.

1 Like

Hey, if Davy Crockett can get in on that game…

5 Likes

There’s a new one coming out soon… :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/Anno-Dracula-One-Thousand-Monsters/dp/1781165637/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508229543&sr=8-1&keywords=kim+newman

1 Like

But then, this is definitely not a toy for children that could swallow it.

Can you imagine going through airport security with this?

1 Like

Hot Damn! I have to check my Amazon suggestion list more frequently!

2 Likes

They bombard US with radiation, so turnabout is fair play.

1 Like

Tritium was used in the GPO Trimphone dial to make it luminous, was pretty cool.

1 Like

Your polonium was probably actually “extremely low grade polonium-bearing ore” which is to say “uranium-bearing ore.” If there’s still a smidge of rock in there, it’s probably still (trivially) radioactive from uranium, and the reason you can’t see it is that the material emitting the flash has degraded.

Radium resellers back in the day made up business cards with self-luminescent paint. People stuck them in drawers for the novelty, so they’re still around. But they don’t work. Because the radium was fake? Nope, because years of constant irradiation broke down the fluorescing pigments into non-fluorescing compounds. (And also usually because the radium also degraded the binding glue, so the whole spot flaked away. But still, don’t, like, lick one.)

1 Like

The gauges in planes and cars were treated with radioactive glow-in-the-dark paint too. The lead is likely more harmful than the radioactivity at this point.

The key word is now.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.