Mystery of strange Toronto tunnel finally solved

this is the first time in my life I’ve ever seen the word “underpin” used in its original context. I’d only ever heard it metaphorically, without even realizing that it was a metaphor.

kooky.

3 Likes

Not so much, as it turns out.

3 Likes

Now the latest news makes me happy - it turns out the main fellow behind it was a 22 year odl black man, who’s worked in construction since age 17, and lived his whole life in the Driftwood neighbourhood (hit number two searching for “Toronto driftwood neighbourhood” is a globe and mail article titled “Toronto’s toughest neighbourhood”).

And the police didn’t freak out or assume malice. Some good news for once…

5 Likes

I dammed a creek when I was a kid, inadvertently causing some property damage, nothing too terrible thankfully. Also as a kid I built bombs, gliders, bunkers, stuff… give a kid a shovel and they will dig.

b/c building/doing stuff is fun.

As an adult I’ve built things like trebuchets & catapults, vehicles far to dangerous to consider usable, treehouses (tho I did that as a kid too) I frequently take on home repairs/renovations I am not qualified to do & learn along the way…

I’d love to build a tunnel or an underground room.

You wouldn’t?

1 Like

well shut my mouth…

Sadly, serving everyone a shit sandwich is the best way to ensure everyone knows what a shit sandwich is and tastes like, and to ensure there is enough support to get them taken off the menu.

Not necessarily…a shaggy dog story worth listening to all the way:

1 Like

The police/community reaction is especially astonishing then.

Personally I am claustrophobic so no tunnels for me. Experimental building/tunnelling etc. are best done on one’s own land - or land set aside for that purpose.

I have neighbours who are horrible, who have clearly demonstrated they do not understand or respect boundaries whatsoever. If they wanted to make some experimental tunnels on their property - I am fine with that as long as it poses no danger to me, my property/structure, the infrastructures like water or sewer, my guests or pets.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.