Real-life secret tunnel digging video

Originally published at: Real-life secret tunnel digging video | Boing Boing

1 Like

An excellent lockdown project** (though he started well before that).

Also (having not watched the whole thing yet) if he didn’t get planning permission he may find his local council has something to say about it.

ETA ** Apparently not - the neighbours were permanently at home during lockdown so he couldn’t work then (20 mins in to the video)

FETA He’ll be deaf or have tinnitus within 10 years given how much jackhammering he does with no ear defenders on.

3 Likes

Pro tip: if you want to keep your secret tunnel secret do not post videos of it on the Internet.

7 Likes

Funny, but for me, it triggered memories of a different movie The Pacifier.

2 Likes

winona-thats-good-point

3 Likes

I have not watched many of the tunnel videos, but his usually present tie (not a clip on) bugs me. And “safetysquints”.

In the end he’s still digging faster than Musk’s Boring company…

3 Likes

He was keeping it secret because he wanted to retrospectively apply for planning permission, for most of the build he didn’t have it.

:musical_note: Secret tunnel. secret tunnel! :musical_note:

4 Likes

And he has it now? (Haven’t got that far into the video, if it is there later.)

Yes he does. Quite late in the story.

1 Like

I’m about an hour in, so far.

1 Like

No safety glasses, no hearing protection and no work gloves. He may be a really inventive person but hasn’t a clue about safe work practices.

2 Likes

He does wear them at times, but far from consistently. Not good for him, and not a good role model for his followers.

1 Like

“Don’t let the cave in get you down… Sokkaaaaa”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.