Napoléon's good luck charm could fetch $250 million or more at auction

Is that your talisman? Or are you happy to see me?

10 Likes

That’s what Joséphine said.

20 Likes

As I recall, her nickname for him was “teapot”, so maybe not.

7 Likes

Short and stout?

8 Likes

… with a great big spout!

8 Likes

this bauble looks like trash, the pseudoscientific “GUARANTEED to be what we say it is” salesese on the website is offensive to anyone with a brain, and I hope the auctioneer walks away with a set of used golf clubs for this effort.

3 Likes

waaaaait… is this… fungible? (“It looks fungible”)

8 Likes

10 Likes

Here in America, where Lies are acceptable, something is only what society agrees it is. If a bunch of liars and grifters agree this is from Napolean’s cockring, so be it - that becomes the truth! Especially if they can advertise and then get a dumb rich person to spend a bunch of money on it. However, there is one way to know that it truly IS Napolean’s good luck charm – if it comes with an NFT that can be traced and verified through the Block Chain!

5 Likes

Am I the only one who clicked on the link thinking that “good luck charm” was a euphemism for his penis?

1 Like

FYI: Ol’ Nappy was a Freemason.

Missed your post!

2 Likes

Well, that’s good to know – but what about the size of his dick?

2 Likes

Ventures in Spain, Russia and Egypt notwithstanding.

4 Likes

Not a crazy guess!

7 Likes

At 0% it’s even less probable that it belonged to someone else, than a sperm whale suddenly materializing several miles above an alien planet…

Nothing says trustworthy like a website that looks like it’s selling you a supplement. But hey the current owner is a member of MENSA so it must be right :rofl: . If anyone has the patience to read the 120 page report please do tell.

Edit I couldn’t resist so I read some of the pdf. Page 11 is full of evidence like doing some math on the number of jewels gets you 2 which is B for Bonnaparte. I won’t reproduce as this feels like the sort of author who will get annoying about the copyright they have claimed on their a analysis… But someone read too much DaVinci Code. And page 49 has the “probability analysis”.

5 Likes

Per user request:

Did you click on the link thinking that “good luck charm” was a euphemism for Napoleon Bonaparte’s penis?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

… hand painted by Benjamin Franklin! Order NOW!

8 Likes

If there was an iota of a doubt, I wouldn’t spotlight it myself.

That is a curious way to express one’s faith in the bona fides of the unpleasant looking objet.

4 Likes

There’s a line in Foucault’s Pendulum (the Eco novel), where one of the protagonists describes Napoleon’s reaction to some frothing-at-the-mouth scandalous exposition about the hidden influence and power the Freemasons wield: he joined up immediately, in as many rites as he could.

3 Likes

The fact they spelled Napoleon’s name wrong is what makes this art

2 Likes