NASA fed moonrocks to cockroaches and injected moon dust into mice

In the Smith universe they would have tested the rocks on underpeople instead of animals.

You shouldn’t give oyster couples rocks while they’re excited, they’ll use 'em kill each other.

1 Like

And here I was thinking Moon Trap.

2 Likes

pop-rocks-flavors

3 Likes

Yeah, PETA’s quite keen on those analogies.

Wensleydale, perhaps?

3 Likes

Maybe what they ground up was actually a live Horta?

1 Like

I think it’s sweet the way the scientists braid each other’s head rag.

1 Like

Notice the pencil. It’s a clipboard intersecting the other scientist’s head. On low-contrast film.

Ha! Gave my kids 2 bucks to spend in a candy store, and they came out with one of these. They are adverse to wasabi, sparkling water, and even mild spices like ginger and garlic.

Them: “Daddy, can we please try this!!!”
Dad: “You won’t enjoy that. It will not be pleasant for you. I suggest you don’t, but it’s your call”.
Them: (dumps a scoop into mouth)
Them: “WHERE IS THERE WATER” <spit, cough, etc>
Dad: (Laughs)

Sometimes, they just have to do it to learn. I don’t think they’ll fall for the cinnamon challenge after that, but we’ll see what happens when they are teenagers.

1 Like

Psychosis and violent aggression? They’re heeere…

1 Like

HAHAHA. When my kids were young I often let them fail safely. Sometimes we all just need to see it for ourselves.

1 Like

They say that NASA used mosquitoes as test subjects as well, but what they did in that case was they spritzed vodka on someone’s arm and then covered it with the crushed moonrock. The mosquitoes got a drink of vodka and started throwing rocks at each other.

I needed to see them do it. Now I have an amazing memory which I will laugh at for years to come.

1 Like

Did they have any idea that it would fizz like it does? That would be surprising if you didn’t expect it.

Depending on their ages they may or may not find this interesting. Of course they will have no idea who little Mikey is but still interesting for them to see that people have been spreading incorrect information since before the internet, with nothing but persistent word of mouth.

For a second there, when I clicked through the tabs I opened having forgotten the titles, I thought this one cook was writing his shopping list on the other cooks pointy, floppy hat. “You got pranked yo!” :joy:

I ate a rock from the moon
Moon in the rock, rock in the moon
There’s a moon in my throat

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.