NASA's gorgeous music video for Claude Debussy's "Clair de Lune"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/17/nasas-gorgeous-music-video-f.html

6 Likes

Also see tour of moon in 4k

3 Likes

I just love Clair de Lune, but it was really weird hearing this while looking at Baphomet.

2 Likes

Let’s see what they make of Constant Lambert’s “Invocation to the Moon” from the ballet “Horoscope”…

Gosh. Lambert had an affair with Margot Fonteyn? I didn’t know that.

I was given Clair de Lune to learn long before I ever heard it and it just looked insane on paper. 9//8. All the flats (or sharps depending on the section; same diff it turns out). I just figured out the notes (difficult enough as this sucker uses practically the entire keyboard) and winged how the timing worked. Turned out that I pretty much guessed correctly. I, too, adore this piece. Also, it seems Everett pianos were almost made just for this piece. They have a middle pedal that works as a lower half sostenato, which seems vital for sustaining the low notes without muddying the upper range. I truly have no idea how you play this without that pedal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.