Neatly sliced Leicas

Originally published at: Neatly sliced Leicas | Boing Boing

2 Likes

neat indeed.

that reminds me of that scene from the cell with the horse, not as grotesque but similar.

1 Like

"Fabian Oefner`s work explores the boundaries between time, space and reality. "

Yeah, I totally get that.

3 Likes

Ah yeah, just like the heist in the Panama Canal in the Three Body Problem (spoiler and physics alert if you haven’t read the book - reserve it at your local library if you haven’t!).

Yes, I’m old and cranky, but “comprises of” further distresses an already misunderstood word.

3 Likes

or Damien Hirst.

1 Like

I know Leica is coveted, but I’m totally fine with plain old sliced Canon on toast, maybe with a bit of salt.

8 Likes

If I’m really hungry, I would kill for a full-format Hasselblad.

2 Likes

As you’re probably aware, you can get free Hasselblads. But the hassle in collecting them has put a lot of people off…

https://www.hasselblad.com/inspiration/history/hasselblad-in-space/

Fabian Oefner`s work explores the boundaries between time, space and reality. He creates fictional moments and spaces, that look and feel absolutely real, yet aren’t. Through this, Oefner dissects the different components of reality and gives us a clearer understanding of how we perceive and define it.

Or in other words, he cuts stuff into pieces

5 Likes

This is his last resort.

1 Like

Which was the same movie as:

like the horse in that old J.Lo horror movie

1 Like

I had to pay for my 503cx, and to be honest, the ones that went to space probably need some refurb.

1 Like

Maybe they could try this technique on former advisor Stephen Miller to see how he works? You know, for science?

1 Like

Tokyo Ricoh Pentax Shinjuku shop has a beauty sliced you can check out. The gallery amazing too. That horrible business area has secret gem mall. I saw mountain photos so extreme I thought Himalaya. But actually were of Nagano. Those glacier must’ve melted now too.

Just FTR, I ruined someone’s day by linking to your piece, @beschizza. The website was down, so the direct link did not work, and expectations might have been heightened by that. But the pic of the sliced M6 produced serious misgivings. They are a camera person, developing their own middle format pics and really, really valuing modern architecture, design, photography, and engineering. I think I will need to make amends somehow. Really took the slicing badly, because, I think, they truly would like to own one of these and can’t afford an M6. Ever.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.