New images of Odysseus lunar lander showing its broken leg

I’ve long thought all satellites designed to study climate change should be called Cassandra.

6 Likes

Who’d a thunk that plopping a refrigerator on stilts onto rocky terrain would be so hard?

3 Likes

Idea Dot GIF by HULU

1 Like

Will they be sending another probe to shoot it?

4 Likes

Landing tall skinny objects is risky and difficult, but I highly doubt that Astronauts will be in control of the landers, whatever the design. Armstrong did an amazing job landing the Apollo 11 lander manually, but those days of manual control are long over. One of the few really silly plot elements of the book “The Martian” was that the Mars rockets were landed and launched being remotely controlled in real-time by a human operator who was in orbit using a joystick.

1 Like

Are we sure it is not just faking a broken leg to lure us away from its children?

3 Likes

of course there’s going to be an automated landing system. how else can our confident pilot turn it off and yell – i’ve got this!!! – right after a bunch of unlabeled red lights start flashing madly? it’s tradition.

4 Likes

Hey, climbing up and down on a 30 meter ladder is easy-peasy on the Moon.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.