New Jersey mom and dad open Amazon diaper order and discover poopy diapers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/10/new-jersey-mom-and-dad-open-am.html

4 Likes

15 Likes

Well, it was “as described” mostly. Indeed used, like new questionable.

9 Likes

Wow. And I thought I got some shit from Amazon in the past.

23 Likes

Well that stinks!

9 Likes

This doesn’t feel like an accident

8 Likes

We got supposedly new milk bottles from Amazon that were crusted with dry milk.

Curious, though, if those had been my kid’s diapers you would have smelled them coming down the block in the Amazon van…

11 Likes

I used to be more of an AliExpress fan, even with a large percentage of damaged items and things that never arrive because a full refund was easy to get, but a recent PC part arrived with a component broken off the board and I’m only being offered a partial refund.

It feels like the pressure on retail that’s been taking ouf brick and mortar stores is finally being felt by the big on-line monsters.

3 Likes

I just hope they got a good price.

3 Likes

The “used, like new” status makes it sound like it didn’t come from Amazon but was just a seller using Amazon.

4 Likes

I was reading this as I was picking up some Chinese and started laughing

I think I really confused some random Chinese lady

2 Likes

Thankfully for the delivery people, the couple didn’t order a saggy diaper brand that leaks…

4 Likes

You lost me “Amazon diaper order”.

2 Likes

Previously loved.

There’s bound to be renegade shit-posters in any sufficiently large online company.

3 Likes

Amazon has been rather liberal in their acceptance of returns and offer of refunds in my experience, and I used to make good use of the “Amazon warehouse deals” of returned-goods to save a few bob on something that maybe didn’t work out for a previous purchaser.

But within perhaps the last two years, I’ve discovered that if I want to have a reasonable certainty that it will work out of the box, I need to purchase “new” rather than returned from Amazon. I’ve had the same experience over a longer time period with certain branches of Brick & Mortar home-improvement stores, where I’ve learned to open the package before purchase to make sure that it is not someone’s “return” of a broken or non-working item.

I appreciate “no questions asked” return policies when something turns out to be not what I wanted or needed, and will clearly tell them on my returns when something is defective. But there have been occasions where I suspect someone has been attempting to scam the “big corporation” by returning the broken item they replaced in the packaging of its replacement; and I’ve been the one burned.

5 Likes

Maybe they understand that after taking out brick and mortar stores people have little choice in where to shop, so the on-line giants can start being more shitty in their behavior.

6 Likes

It’s not like nobody warned that exactly this would happen.

6 Likes

For sale. Parachute. Never opened. Slight red stain.

10 Likes

Everyone, stop buying ubiquitous stuff like this from Amazon. Thanks.

6 Likes