New, unusued Robotron cabinet found still in the box

oh, you know, i loved Qix too – i have a soft-spot for RGB vector games like that and Tempest. i have a Tempest machine and Omega Race, and i always dream of adding others. i need more money and space.

1 Like

Am I the lone Q*bert aficionado?

5 Likes

Yie Ar Kung Fu could easily be remade with hardly any updates to the graphics or game mechanics. +1!

2 Likes

Qix wasn’t a vector display. The Qixes were just xor’ed line segments on a raster bitmap. (Remember the fill areas? Hard to do with a vector display.) Maybe one day I’ll put stick the board in a mini cabinet with my Atari ST color monitor.

3 Likes

omg, that’s RIGHT! i had forgotten that the shapes filled in, duh.

been too long since i’ve played it! : )

2 Likes

Woh! That’s terrible! Finding a Robotron cabinet and not daring to use it because that would ruin it. How can a human being cope with that?

3 Likes

I worked for Dale in the early 90s. I don’t know about a sealed warehouse, but his store in Gastown (The Games People) was about 7 stories, most of them closed storage and some of it definitely arcade games.

5 Likes

I think that guy is fixing to be a zillionaire and a disproportionate amount of those games are going to end up in Silicon Valley.

1 Like

I was also a Joust and Defender fan, but got really addicted to a game called Heavy Barrel. I wish I could find one of those in a crate somewhere.

2 Likes

Reading the headline, I thought it was about something else.

3 Likes

I built a MAME cab about five years ago. Nothing fancy, cheap MDF painted, a few stickers, old WinXP box, few hundred personally-selected games… you should go for it, if I can do it, anyone can.
Funny thing - the ONLY one I still fire it up for these days: Robotron 2084!
Love that twin-stick action!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.