New York Times editorial board calls for marijuana legalization: "Repeal Prohibition, Again"

Republicans know what to do about dry mouth.

1 Like

I didnĀ“t say ā€œworst piece of shitā€, I said ā€œmost dishonest piece of shitā€. Bush didnĀ“t make very much of a secret of his lunacy.

3 Likes

First off, Iā€™m not a doctor and I have no medical training, so thereā€™s that. And for what itā€™s worth, as you mention and as I was trying to point out originally, heavy smoking will likely have consequences.
In terms of my own experience, smoking MJ tended to make my lungs function less efficiently, and I had a bit of the smokerā€™s cough on a regular basis. Overall, my health was excellent when I smoked a lot, but when I stopped I found lung functions to be improved.
I was originally commenting on the fact that champions of legalization (of which I am one) often throw out the adage that drinking alcohol is terrible for the human body (and I agree that it is) and then on the other hand offer that smoking MJ has no negative side effects. This strikes me as shortsighted and silly. And please note that Iā€™m speaking only of smoking, and not of ingesting edibles. Beyond that, I donā€™t think enough research has been done on using MJ and I look forward to that changing.
Iā€™m glad weā€™re seeing legalization make headway in the populace and our elected leaders, but letā€™s not rush in waving the banner of MJ being a wonderdrug that makes everyone happy and healthy.

1 Like

I get what youā€™re saying, and I agree on some level. Obama knows that heā€™s being deceptive, which is bad, but my problem with that is Bushā€™s whole presidency was characterised by him pretending to be able to be a president. Is knowingly making decisions that contradict oneā€™s morals worse than pretending you are equipped to lead the US, sending thousands of young Americans to their deaths, dealing death and destruction to Iraqi civilians and crashing the worldā€™s economy for the best part of a decade?

1 Like

Meh, thereā€™s also vaporizing which has become increasingly popular. Also, most people who smoke weed take a few hits and are done, meaning theyā€™re inhaling a lot less smoke than a cigarette smoker does. Iā€™m not saying its healthy, but unless youā€™re a Rasta type smoker who constantly has a doob in his mouth (or thereabouts) the inhaling of smoke part is pretty negligible. Weed is the least dangerous drug in the world, bar none. Yes, it has harmed people. But in terms of risk its gotta be about the lowest risk profile there is.

2 Likes

I go both ways on this question. Because Obama has done so much to cement in place the awful changes Bush wrought on the nation I feel heā€™s in a way more responsible. From not prosecuting torturers, war criminals, banksters, to leaving so many of Bush/Cheneyā€™s cronies in powerful positions, Obama is a secret Republican as far as I can see.

And heā€™s such an incredible liar it makes my head spin. I get so sick of people saying ā€œyou heard what you wanted to hearā€ in '08, claiming Obama didnā€™t promise so much that he had no intention of ever actually doing. Theyā€™re just flat out wrong, and any cursory review of his campaign speeches proves that. He IS the most dishonest, lying shit of a president in living memory by far.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.