News for Goats - a Twitter Bot

Do you like Goats?

HAVE I GOT NEWS FOR YOU!

https://twitter.com/NewsForGoats

I was working on making something with the DPRK slogans when I got frustrated with my approach (google-images were returning slowly, if at all, and quite often repeats or the twitter logo WAT?!?!); so I shifted gears to something sitting in my ideas-for-bots-file.

It’s the result of an inside joke, where I would send links about goats to a friend of mine, and my thinking went like this:

1. Automate the process.
  2. ???
  3. Profit!!!

Actually, I have looked up freelance-gigs for twitter-bot writing, and while they exist they are usually for retweeting, follower-number-bumps, or API-workarounds. Not so much fun, and the pay is crap.

Curiously, recent followers for BoingBoingHuffr have included a bunch of advertising-based (presumably) bots:

Super Bowl Commercia [sic]: "We use our original curation technology to create the hottest timeline all about Super Bowl Commercials. We also follow you back 100% guaranteed! "

Frozen News: “We use our original curation technology to create the hottest timeline all about Frozen. We also follow you back 100% guaranteed! #followback #refollow

und zo weiter, which includes

• Astronomy News
  • Divorce News (which has saaaaad avatar pic)
  • Pareidolia News ( :-))
  • Encryption News
  • privacy News [sic]
  • Golden Retrievers
  • Destinations News
  • Illustrations & Post
  • 3D Printing News (description and username are different, so … different source?)
  • audiophile News [sic]
  • Daschund News

###See Also:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 725 days. New replies are no longer allowed.