Newsletter detailing the world of white collar crime

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/08/newsletter-detailing-the-world.html

3 Likes

But the incantations make all the difference!

It’s the difference between “give me half a million every year from now on or I send the video to Page 6” and “Great having you at the party. I have an exclusive hedge fund investment opportunity you really can’t afford to pass up – $20-million minimum buy-in, two-and-twenty, and the ROI will match an S&P index fund at the very least.”

The newsletter looks fun. Thanks for the heads-up.

14 Likes

I thought this would be about ‘International Living’ magazine.

1 Like

Sometimes you look at business news and ask “Are they insane” and apparently the answer may be “Yes”.

5 Likes

New (Testament) Coke?

15 Likes

Monstrum defendat!

(Slitherin produces all the best attorneys.)

5 Likes

Speaking of white collar crime … I was thinking of the newsletter’s discussion of the role of plaintiffs’ attorneys as I read about the settlement with PG&E, where half of the settlement is to be paid in PG&E stock.

3 Likes

If the victims got ALL the stock, that would be something. The CEO now reports to you.

6 Likes

I wonder how much this newsletter concerns itself with how rarely white collar crime gets punished, and how lightly it does when it is.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.