No one entered Jeffrey Epstein's cell the night he died

I think they’re supposed to focus on the wellbeing of their client. They initially tried to have him moved to a psych ward at a hospital under guard. When that didn’t pan out the moved to quash the psych hold entirely. It seems like they were overly deferential to their client’s desires, and complaints about treatment.

Before the suicide watch they’d tried to get him protective custody and there were lots of filings about negative impacts on his health, poor treatment, and attempts to have him held elsewhere. All of which is typical of people trying to force bail, but all of which also involved wide reporting of the exact conditions that allowed him to kill himself.

How hard would it be to falsify surveiliance footage from a fixed where nothing moves?

I’m pretty sure a meme-making middle schooler could. How about a few billionaires and state actors?

Why do people who service the sins of the rich and powerful kill themselves and never leave a bunch of records behind? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Jeane_Palfrey

It’s so unfortunate that these suicides can’t really leave the world a better place by naming and shaming before they willingly take their own lives. /s

1 Like

Epstein didn’t seem to think his “first suicide attempt” was a suicide attempt, and prison officials have not been particularly forthcoming about it.

Epstein, 66, a multimillionaire who spent decades socializing with the rich and famous in New York and Palm Beach, Fla., claimed to guards at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Lower Manhattan that he had been attacked, one of these people said. The precise circumstances of what happened to Epstein were unclear, and prison officials declined to discuss the incident.

2 Likes

So then a strong mind trusts as truth everything that the most powerful and protected people on the planet tell us?
And I even agree with your statement, but you picked an odd example to state your position.

4 Likes

No, a strong person looks for truth in everything, and does not look afield for conspiracy. This ‘Epstein Killed Himself’ shit is a) nuts, in that it promotes Accelerationism ("Pedophiles escape imprisonment, so BURN IT ALL DOWN) as an answer and b) presupposes that people in America can keep their mouths shut. Do I wish someone had put him on lockdown more securely and under better scrutiny? Sure.

And it’s not an odd example to prove that, it’s the best example: Epstein’s death is half business as usual and half a Rorschach blot, and you can see whatever you choose to if you look at it long enough. And finally, rehashing the past crimes of the unpunishable is a great way to make sure present criminals go unpunished.

1 Like

Yeah a guy who wants to kill himself and won’t be able to do so on suicide watch isn’t exactly a reliable source on that. See also the info others have mentioned about updating his will, there were additional reasons to believe the guy was suicidal.

Big part of why you’re not supposed to defer to the potentially suicidal on whether they’re suicidal.

Suicides are both disturbingly common in our jails. And so common among sex offenders, and especially child molesters, that apparently they’re often put on suicide watch by default.

2 Likes

To be fair to the conspiracy theory people, “There’s a rich man who has been running private island in the caribbean as a child brothel to the rich and famous with a clientele quite possibly ranging from tenured professors at ivy league schools to literally the president of the United States and next in line for the crown of the United Kingdom for decades.” Absolutely would’ve sounded like batshit conspiracy nonsense 5 years ago. Batshit circumstances make the implausible sound more plausible, even if that is a fallacy.

8 Likes

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of the LIHOP/MIHOP ‘debate.’

This was written a year ago, goes in depth on the troubles of the Manhattan lockup. It sounds like hell.

1 Like

If it were a less controversial prisoner who had died mysteriously, then I wouldnt expect these two stooges to be facing federal charges. Since the book is being thrown at them, I am getting a real vibe of, “There. Case Closed. Stop asking questions”.

That doesnt tell me it was an honest mistake, as much as it tells me there will be no further investigations.

3 Likes

the most implausible official stories are the ones that need to be defended the most vigorously

I don’t think anyone killed him, especially in light of this. My first career was in nursing, in locked psych units.

Sometimes you had to do patient checks, whether for mental health reasons or if they fell and hit their head. When you had a full hall, it was a lot of extra work. The neuro checks, for head hits, were the worst. every 15 minutes with vitals for two hours, then every half hour for several hours, then every hour until the end of the 24 hour period. We still did them.

However, there were some nurses that sucked, and would fake the documentation. That’s what these guys did. They took that probably one page form, and just filled it in for their shift. I could always tell when other nurses faked it because they’d be on time to the minute. Mine always kind of shifted over the course of the shift because I’d be five minutes late or whatever because I had 15 other patients.

It’s really not a big stretch that these two guys were so damn complacent that they just faked the documentation and boom. They were idiots who with any other prisoner, it would probably been swept under the rug. They just treated Esptein like another no name prisoner.

I guess there could be a case made that for reasons unknown they purposefully gave Epstein the peace and quiet he needed to kill himself. But killed him? Probably not. People die in prison all the fucking time under shady circumstances, and the only reason anyone cares is because of Epstein’s legacy of sexual abuse, and ties to other rich and famous sexual predators.

5 Likes

Plenty of people already there were willing to do that.

My guess is, he offed himself, but he was just getting the inevitable over with.

This is my concern too. With all of the enablers and vitims still needing to be resolved, does all that just go away now because Epstein is suicided?

1 Like

No; in fact, courts are arguing about the necessity-vs-privacy argument of releasing thousands of pages of documents: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2019/11/18/businesses-charities-abandon-prince-andrew-fallout-car-crash/

Dead men tell no tales, but their e-mail and correspondence does.

Trump supposedly had plenty of motive to keep him alive to take down the clintons, and there is 1 unsuccessful attempt on his life or a possible suicide attempt and they leave him unobserved? Why should I believe that?

More likely Trump had it done because Trump has ties to Epstein.

That’s the one theory I won’t even give serious consideration, because if Trump had anything to do with Epstein’s death he would have publicly incriminated himself by now.

5 Likes

Or the cut rate people he hired bragged about it and bought a house and car with the money instead of laying low.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.