NSA hacked 50,000 global networks

[Permalink]

“So the new Tailored Access Operations program is online. What’s it supposed to do?”

“Make you one with everything.”

2 Likes

“The Department of Defense does engage” in computer network exploitation, according to an e-mailed statement from an NSA spokesman, whose agency is part of the Defense Department. “The department does not engage in economic espionage in any domain, including cyber.”

Hahahahaahhhhaaaaa…

3 Likes

Somehow, I’m not sure if being behind like seven proxies is enough anymore…

5 Likes

am going on that first impression.

" The Belgacom network was infiltrated by GCHQ through a process of luring employees to a false Linkedin page."

would have to have inside help or incompetent staff. i would guess both. probably bribed a local since these idiots can’t get quality employees themselves (language skills). the word is really coming out against taking or having taken any sort of employment with these government “contractors”. unpleasant at best, and looks horrid as well likely.

“The malware installed in these countries can remain active for years without being detected.”

very diplomatic, but unfortunately i doubt it.

This is entirely dependant upon the type and vector of code. We’ve seen with stuxnet that the US is capable of pushing the envelope, and that was a product they put together years ago.

You can hide code where it isn’t being looked for, use obfuscation techniques, and a whole slew of commonly known methods - with the NSA’s budget I would wager that some ideas which have seen whitepapers but not ITW implementation are extant and in use, and that’s without giving them credit for coming up with truely novel approaches.

For 50+ billion dollars the only secure digital products are ones that have been smashed with a hammer and left in the bottom drawer of a locked filing cabinet in a disused lavatory in the basement of area 51 with a sign on the door saying beware of the alien leopards.

3 Likes

So did they out hack China’s hackers or what? What if most attacks originated from government source? The corruption is perfect. Convict them under RICO. This is nothing but a criminal conspiracy.

There is a part of me that is considering how I can get in on the game. I could have a heck of a good time, make money, and maybe do some good if I had my hands on the big spy machine. Just kidding but it is a thought. I guess that’s how corruption happens.

Time to airgap yourself.

If we were smart, we’d also be concerned about our hardware and not just the wares running on them.

if a malware doesn’t DO anything, just sits there being a black box amidst black boxes (the windows OS) no one make anti-virus signatures for it, no one thinks to attack it, or even to look for it (folk generally look for malware thats…doing things…bad things…not malware that just sits there…doing nothing)

maybe it’s firmware.

only people who don’t monitor filecounts.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.