Nukes and Nuke Accessories

Its total cost has been estimated at close to 11 billion euros, making it one of the world’s most expensive buildings.

OL3 was intended to be the world’s first reactor with the French EPR design, but two reactors of same type, known as pressurised water reactors, began operating in China in 2018 and 2019. Two others, in France and England, are expected to go online in 2023 and 2026.

4 Likes
5 Likes

https://simulatorzentrum.de/en/

Literally just around the corner, and until today I never even knew it existed.

3 Likes

Not sure how something that never went away can return, but otherwise a good rundown:

5 Likes

It’s just that we (or most of us, at least) stopped paying attention to it and thinking of it as an existential threat. But as you say, the actual threat never went away.

7 Likes

Ukraine’s nuclear plants: Chernobyl off diesel power, explosions explained

If you’ve been wondering about the fate of Ukraine’s nuclear power stations amid Russia’s full-on invasion of the nation, you’re not alone. Here’s an update from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

[…]

6 Likes
7 Likes

ETA: seems to be a speed up version of this original source material.
https://www.ctbto.org/specials/1945-1998-by-isao-hashimoto/

9 Likes
3 Likes

Interesting, but the way the video gamifies it sort of depresses me…

7 Likes

The only winning move is not to play.

I saw one once before that used rings to represent the sizes of each detonation but cant find it for the life of me.

5 Likes

Stephen Colbert Fireworks GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I saw that before, too, but can’t remember either… lost to the sands of internet time, I guess!

5 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

derry-girls-sister-michael-sweet-suffering-jehovah

5 Likes

Hey, no 1980ies revival would be complete without stacking nuclear warheads.

5 Likes

It’s not even the GOOD parts of the 80s, only the shitty ones…

7 Likes

Does When the Wind Blows need a new edition, or did it never go out of print?

3 Likes

I’m not in the mood, Jim.

However, I think you can still get the incredibly helpful Protect and Survive manual.

3 Likes
3 Likes