Nvidia has a plan to use AI to deepfake your face to look the right way on video calls

Then the next gen will make you look younger and sound better. Eventually it’ll just use a 3D scan of your face to create a realistic avatar that is completely digital. Maybe add in some AI training from videos of yourself to give it authentic movements.

I’m not sure which sci-fi dystopian hellscape that lands us in. In 20 years time will being an anti-tech luddite be the same as the anti-establishment punks of the 80’s/90’s?

1 Like

If they can put in a “Don’t show when you’re rolling your eyes when someone says something idiotic” feature, I’m in.

6 Likes

That leaves me wondering… Why wouldn’t zoom (like Apple) just develop their own tech instead of licensing it from Nvidia? I don’t think any company wants to be beholden to any other company for their tech and pay fees in perpetuity. I fail to see who Nvidia’s client is with exception of embedded devices and maybe closed and custom conferencing applications. They seem to be grasping, knowing that the GPU market will “peak” at some point very soon and Nvidia will be just another Intel with nothing truly unique to offer and they certainly won’t have the monopoly or the margins they’ve enjoyed for decades much longer.

I’m mad the “auto-frame” put the face dead center

The gen after that will auto-generate your audio responses, then email you a transcript of the meeting. That way you can get stuff done rather than suffer through another pointless waste of time.

1 Like

No lie, that last few seconds freaked me out for a moment.

Wake me when it will let me take a poop.

No fair. We get plenty of trouble from human translators, too.

1 Like

I shrink the Zoom or Hangouts window to just large enough to be useful, and push it to the edge of the screen near the camera, so I’m looking very nearly the right direction.

1 Like

Speed. Video conferencing is such a tight market right now, and having something to get attention and some sort of feature advantage could be a big difference in market share. Partnering with Nvidia means they can spin up new features faster than developing them internally.

And it buys them time to look into their own technology options.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.