Obama official responsible for copyright chapters of TPP & ACTA gets a job at MPAA; his replacement is another copyright lobbyist

There are plenty of people not on the corporate tit that have expertise and knowledge enough to head the FCC. Hell, they could just promote from within. I know these are political appointments but they don’t need to, and shouldn’t be, so. The same holds true for all the other agencies that are hamstrung and neutered by the political appointees that control them. The idea that there is no one else except these corporate stooges to appoint to these jobs is utter bullshit. And the idea I read upthread that we need career politicians for the government to function is also total bull. Both of these notions are part of the same agenda and are transparently false if one gives more than a moment to consider them. Think of how many intellectuals (professors, researchers, etc.) there are that could be tapped for these important posts. These are people who have made their careers doing something that pays a lot less than they could’ve made in the corporate sector, and hence their views may not be totally dominated by revolving door considerations and corporate talking points.

2 Likes

I don’t think those White House petitions work very well.

Agreed, but I do believe it’s a good idea to keep those in power aware that the “bewildered herd” is sentient, restless and watching.

In my view, White House petitions can at least function towards bringing more attention to issues by others outside of the pathetic White House.

For example, “Pardon Edward Snowden” and “Federally legalize marijuana” are popular enough to garner media attention and that’s a good thing, in my opinion.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.