Odd Stuff (Part 1)

2 Likes

Oh dear, autonomous car collides into a wall on a race track

A sleek self-driving race car crashed straight into a wall soon after taking off in the Roborace event, a global competition that took place this week.

Roborace specifically tests self-driving technology in motorsport vehicles around a race track. Several teams across the world can enter, but it didn’t go so well for Acronis SIT, whose car slammed into a wall. The four-wheeler wasn’t going particularly fast or carrying out a tricky maneuver.

You can watch the video and the hilarious commentary here.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the only mishap of the competition. Another car failed to navigate its way around the track, according to Engadget. But there was one that did manage to complete a lap on its own, CNET reported.

1 Like

Remember when the keyboard was the computer? You can now relive those heady days with the Raspberry Pi 400

1 Like
1 Like
4 Likes

Swimming past the container ships to NJ.

He should be careful- that’s another Don’s territory.

7 Likes

No matter what the reason…

3 Likes

10 Likes

Whale I’ve never seen anything quite like it.

3 Likes

I’m sensing a trend here. Can’t beat the lower cost of living and forests to the west with clean air and water. He even found a cheaper way to commute!

4 Likes

I had a little bark of laughter for this punny headline earlier. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
10 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

Really makes the case for the value of public art!

2 Likes

14 Likes

Researchers in Spain have uncovered a new approach to producing hydrogen via water splitting which could help overcome some of the drawbacks to this promising alternative fuel source.

In a study published in Nature Energy, Valencia University researcher José Manuel Serra, professor José M Catalá-Civera, and their colleagues describe a method for producing hydrogen gas by blasting microwave radiation at a watery chemical soup. The approach could make extracting hydrogen from water cheaper, and more importantly, reduce the capital costs of the necessary machinery.

3 Likes

How Israel Got This MiG-21 That Sean Connery Posed Next To Was Like A Real-Life Bond Movie

4 Likes
2 Likes