Odd Stuff (Part 1)

Hard to say, really.
The guy in the 2nd picture has the better beer.

7 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Uncle Sam’s disaster agency FEMA creates disaster of its own: 2.3 million survivors’ personal records spilled

1 Like

You’re posting some interesting things but I have to ask - do you work for register.co.uk? LOL

3 Likes
3 Likes

That is really fascinating. I started out thinking it would feel like “The Beakdown of the Bicameral Mind” but the Russian fox experiment and studies on bonobos make it more convincing. Will be interesting to see where this research goes.

I don’t know how many abject nerds are part of the community, but this kinda stuff really excited me. The evolutionary story told by the megaviridae as well as comb jellies is in the process of changing our understanding of how life happened on our planet. Sorry, I get positively evangelical about this kind of thing. Anyone else want a "Here there be nerds " kind of thread?

3 Likes

I wonder if they have one with oranges?

2 Likes
4 Likes

The Langley Schools Music Project is a mutant work of the highest order.

3 Likes
1 Like

He believed that such a system could be fitted inside a van maybe in ten years’ time or so. "Anywhere you can park a truck, you can deploy such a system.

I’m guessing that this doesn’t use a low-power laser diode then? Something handheld, or at least man-portable might be more useful.

1 Like

Early days yet.

2 Likes

I wish the word “Boffins” was in the US vernacular. I’d use it every day.

1 Like

Hedge Fund Spurns Saudi Arabia’s $300 Million After Khashoggi Murder

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-26/hedge-fund-is-said-to-spurn-saudi-arabia-s-money-after-murder

1 Like
4 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes