Official City Wizard fired from New Zealand City after over 20 years of public service

This. Look for Priscilla Spencer on YT.

4 Likes

Nice work, if you can get it.
as they say.

3 Likes

He’s been doing his thing in the square since I was a student - I’m close to retirement - probably he should be too :slight_smile: - he was great because he would take the fundies on, talking to god on a phone, but there was this whole monarchist/sexist/etc side of his thing (all totally made up for the persona I’m sure) that got old.

He was a bit of a tourist attraction in the square there, but it was closed for years by the earthquake - I haven’t seen him do anything publicly in years

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve checked and he can. As long as he is careful on his application and spells everything correctly.

1 Like

Probably fired him after his drunk presentation at the local high school.

3 Likes

Hadn’t been for a while, which I guess is the point.
30 years ago when he was doing daily appearances in the town square with fantastic rants, he was a fixture for photo opportunities, and a must-see on the tourist circuit.

For the last two decades, I don’t think he’s stirred himself to do much more than an annual blessing of the local rugby team or similar, so yeah, he can be retired or pass the staff to someone else.

1 Like

The least thing they could have done is offering him a position in IT.

1 Like

It’s from the official book trailer for Peace Talks, so it’s not exactly a fan film; Priscilla Spencer’s been working for/with Jim Butcher for some time now, and IIRC she is involved with a potential new Dresden Files TV show (though I think it’s still stuck in Development Hell.)

1 Like

Thanks for the correction! I knew it was official but not big-budget.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.