Organized criminals keep trying to sell material to terrorists

Because there’s not enough good guys with guns?

1 Like

I love that depleted uranium is ZOMG WORLD BLOWD UP! in the hands of terrahs, but totally safe for children when we leave it lying about in Iraq.

5 Likes

(wasn’t sure if you wanted to let that stand as a rhetorical question)
I didn’t mean to imply there’s no room in the equation for people who are guided by morals, I value and revere those people (at least when their morals agree with mine, heh). I simply figured that such people are higher in the totem pole than (second place) Bob-who-won’t-because-law-sez-don’t, and as such I didn’t mention them because doing so wouldn’t have added to the distinction I was making, namely that between criminals and terrorists… since that was the question I was responding to.

All of the above said, I have much more respect for people who do good things (again, “good” assessed by me) because they feel it’s simply the way they want the world to be, rather than because they’ll be punished if they do the contrary.

As you may have guessed, I’m not religious. :wink:

1 Like

Easy, one group has convinced the government that any of their actions that harm people are should be mostly legal.

Oh wait, that’s the difference between corporations and organized criminals.

The real difference is that when they kill or cost vast destructive damage to the lives of many people, they are not held responsible. Oh wait, that’s the difference between corporations and terrorists. Shit, sorry, this is all incredibly confusing.

The real difference is that one group’s racket exists purely to perpetuate it’s own existence and while it may talk a lot about ideals, it never really holds itself to those ideals or is accountable to itself in any way. Oh wait, that’s the difference between government and organized crime. Crap crap crap… I can’t seem to keep all of this straight.

Okay, let’s try again, the real difference is…

6 Likes

And as Freud said, sometimes a bomb is a cigar.

Wait, what’d I say?

Indeed…

4 Likes

Did I ever tell you about the story of my father, dynamite, the stump, and fertilizer?

4 Likes

No? :smiley:
Who won? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

This is where he learned operational safety.

He used dynamite and fertilizer to blow out a tree stump. He was in his truck when he detonated it, which had several bags more of fertilizer, dynamite, and caps in the truck bed.

The flaming stump crashed from the sky on to the explosives in the bed of the truck.

I think he literally (not figuratively) shat himself. Never used explosives again :smile:

7 Likes

Watched this the last time you posted it, and also showed it to Mrs. sb.

Still a great share.

2 Likes

Oh, it was definitely fun!

By the time I was born hardware store owners would only sell dynamite to real bona-fide farmers, because they were tired of city folk trying to blow up stumps in tiny yards and sending huge wooden missiles through their houses, cars and neighbors. But I have relatives who farm in the American South, and I spent a couple of weeks there every year growing up…

@Mister44, I lol’d. Six sticks wrapped in wire! But here on the East Coast we’d call that a septic tank once it got drains hooked into it.

@SomeDude, you’d fit right in at any Unitarian church!

Did the truck somehow survive?

1 Like

The suspension didn’t.

4 Likes

Apparently pickups and outhouses draw flying stumps to them magnetically, sort of the same way that trailer parks attract tornadoes. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah - sorry - but any time dynamite comes up I will post this - because it is such a good story.

6 Likes

Don’t be, it’s seriously a great story and I bet lots of people didn’t bother the first time and could use a second chance.

ETA - I love the part of that vid where the guy drawls, “I can tell you don’t know shit about dynamite!”

3 Likes

Bill thought so too.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.