Photographer travels the globe documenting remarkable libraries

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/28/photographer-travels-the-globe.html

8 Likes

I want that job. Actually I just want the funds and time to be able to go visit libraries all over the world.

8 Likes

THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY! :grin:

This is my dream job. Id do it for free!

6 Likes

I visited this place years back on a visit to the Adams House in Mass., and still think of it; JQ Adams wanted a freestanding library for his books and papers, and his son built this:

Tiny, but the stuff dreams are made of…

3 Likes

Not a reboing!

Not that I would have minded. Because libraries.

5 Likes

if I had funds I’d do a crazy cyber online availability as libraries (listings reference) tried to extinguish the flames in the nineties but could not really get round the holo room

Also my post - combines two of my faves! And to date I have not self-duped a post! There’s always next week, though.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking for some nice new wallpapers for my desktop. Library and bookstore aesthetics are an old fave.

Have put this on the please-oh-please-oh-please request list at Austin Public Library. Let’s see how far I get.

I sure hope the book includes this utterly intriguing library:

oh and this

1 Like

I berate myself today for not having seen the library at St.Gallen when I was working “nearby” (i.e. less than two hours from there).

My favourite is still Vienna. Coimbra was nice, too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.