Playmobil pirate ship includes dark-skinned doll wearing "slave collar"

As the sort of unofficial “no, playmobil is not the devil” advocate around here, albeit a tired-of-the-exact-same-discussion-every-time one, let me just say it’s nice you have an opinion, but a lot of people around the world would disagree. Playmobil is a de facto design classic and the fact that it’s essentially unchanged since it was invented in the 70s in a market that’s almost brutally centered on fads, pop culture tie-ins and the latest holiday season must-haves shows how much new generations of boys and girls around the world somehow keep enjoying those cheery, noseless, beer-can-shaped-handed little bastards.

It’s perfectly fine for you (and any number of Outraged American Moms of the Week) not to like it. There are other experiences, viewpoints and cultures out there.

As for violent themes and gendered sets, I guess I can copy and paste my response from some three identical threads ago, because the response hasn’t changed.

Continuing the discussion from Playmobil's political incorrectness:

The pastry and firefighter thing above was a reference to this specific bit of Lego gender segregation:

5 Likes