PlayStation deleting TV shows that users already paid to "own"

So you’re okay with everything only being available to you at the whim of the corporate owner.

2 Likes

Don’t put words in peoples’ mouths. It is possible to be aware of the realities of a situation without finding it acceptable. @rocketpj, in fact, specifically said they thought the deletion should be illegal in an earlier comment.

6 Likes

If you think you will read a book more than once, keep it, because the library may have other ideas.

4 Likes

I’d hesitate to call it a DVD, but 4K-UHD Bluray disks have no region codes. The players are fantastically expensive, and some of the discs are too. Moreover, the disks are a niche product, and aren’t sold in many places.

Some bluray discs worked in all three regions, but unfortunately the exceptions are many.

Then said it was ‘bizarre’ that people would want to purchase content. It’s not exactly an internally consistent position.

I don’t see how it’s inconsistent. They said they personally find it odd that anyone would want to purchase content, but if they do, the content provider shouldn’t be able to delete it on a whim. And then they acknowledged that they’re aware that’s not the reality of how it works.

3 Likes

It would be nice if NFTs actually solved the ownership problem.

3 Likes

6 Likes

You’re about a quarter of a century too late.

5 Likes

it wouldn’t be the first time

eta:
ahg. i owe @sqlrob a saccharine beverage

Little Rascals Reaction GIF

3 Likes

That card needs another space for “Links to an incomprehensible YouTube video when asked to ‘explain crypto to me like I’m a 5 year old.’”

1 Like

For what it’s worth when Microsoft wound up it’s book service they did refund everything. I thought and still thought that was a pretty good deal.

1 Like

6 Likes

You can buy directly from Cory Doctorow and his books will not be offered through Amazon Kindle.

The ebooks come as DRM-free MOBIs and EPUBs.

8 Likes

I mean it’s wrong but also if you paid to “own” these shows, I have zero sympathy :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hey now, no kink shaming :wink:

2 Likes

Stephanie Sterling covered this shitshow today:

3 Likes

… why do you hate sharks and cake :sob:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.