Police called to school over stolen juice box

I’ve ridden through Rimersburg many a time. It’s a very small town and I’m betting the cops where just ecstatic to have something to do that didn’t involve drunkenness.

1 Like

The biggest town in the county has a population of under 6,000, and the town in question has a population of under 600. It’s a rural village in the boonies. Too small to have their own police department. When there’s no local law enforcement agency, it falls to the next level up the chain – either the county or the state.

Personally I live in a unincorporated “census designated place” (population 61,000), so police and fire coverage is all county-based. When we call 911 a county sheriff shows up.

5 Likes

I hope they give him the chair

1 Like

No one would expect that!

12 Likes

When juice boxes are outlawed, only outlaws will have juice boxes.

5 Likes

Thank you for your insight, it’s illuminating.

I strongly suspect this wasn’t a first offense. We have taken away the ability of schools to discipline, is it any surprise they turn over some of their discipline problems to the cops?

I really appreciate that you’re willing to throw this kid down the stairs by leaping to the conclusion without evidence that they’re a repeat offender, as if that somehow justifies calling the cops over a matter of 80¢. Precisely what discipline, pray tell, would the cops be able/permitted to dish out that the school is now prohibited from exercising?

Are you related to this guy?

13 Likes

What age do you think a child should be tried in a court of law as if they were an adult? For which crimes?

10 Likes

“Here’s the deal, kid. DA has agreed to drop the charges on the juice box theft, but you got ta cop a plea on possession of a plastic straw.”

5 Likes

Papasan the reason why there is no free lunch in schools is because there is no Black Panther Party to embarrass the US government into action anymore. It’s a sad, sad story.

5 Likes

Depends on the juice box.

2 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess the student was a person of color and the admin here was named Karen. Most Karen’s have made the jump to simply calling the cops on POC’s for doing every day stuff, so this isn’t surprising at all.

Cops have pretty much become older white women’s complaint line against POC. “Yes, please come right away! He’s…he’s walking a dog!!1!”

Yeah. Juice box theft is serious business. You gotta work your way up to that.

Bring back the paddle! That’ll learn 'em!

[insert equally asinine comment about taking God and Jayyyyyzus out of schools]

I can’t rightly say. I was never a discipline problem. I’m melanin deficient, so I was always seen as a student instead of a “discipline problem” no matter how much shit I got up to.

It depends. If they’re black, you can charge them as an adult for stealing an 80 cent juice box from the school cafeteria. If they’re white, getting caught with an underage male dead hooker stuffed full of cocaine balloons in the trunk of a stolen car headed at 160 miles per hour toward the Mexican border is just another youthful indiscretion every 53-year-old man does once in a while.

7 Likes

Send em to the colonies transport em for the term of their natural life /s
hey I live in a country where “petty thieves” were some of our founding fathers/mothers"

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.