School police officers busted for selling banned soda to students

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/29/school-police-officers-busted.html

3 Likes

God damn, the pusher
God damn, I say the pusher
I said God damn, God damn the pusher man

17 Likes

Wait…they just wanted to be friends to the students…right? RIGHT? /s

4 Likes

Dudes just got themselves pulled off of the cushiest gig in town. Amazingly idiotic.

13 Likes

At least no one got shot.

15 Likes

Putting the serve back into Serve and Protect!

13 Likes

Take any controlled substance and sooner or later some bent cops are going to want to wet their beaks. These officers were particularly unambitious.

23 Likes

They got caught pushing the soda. Is anyone digging any further to find out if it stopped there?

I see…

So these two fine police officers are willing to break “rules” to make a profit, but I’m sure they will absolutely uphold the “laws.” wink-wink

13 Likes

If you can’t be a cop without breaking the law maybe you shouldn’t be a cop.
And that’s why we need to fire a few hundred thousand of them.

8 Likes

When I was going to high school, there was an office for the school nurse, but now the cops have one as well? Yikes!

14 Likes

Slap on the hand for poisoning children, sounds about right.

2 Likes

Hmm, I guess you can take the cop out of the corruption but you can’t take the corruption out of a cop.

7 Likes

banning things creates a black market which only leads to more crime, not less.

5 Likes

So he was assured “the matter was handled”. Well unless he was completely ignored, obviously the matter was effing handled, but usually that word would be followed by an adjective at minimum or an expansive phrase more typically. Handled how? Well? Badly? Incompetently? By telling them to write out 100 times ‘I must not sell soda to students’? By stringing them up by their unmentionables and allowing colleagues to tase them repeatedly? By reassigning them to another school so they can start a new scam there?
And this is a school superintendent … well practised in the art of appearing to say something but actually saying fuck all, or just witless and prepared to accept that it was "handled’ with no curiosity as to how, so didn’t bother to find out. I despair.

3 Likes

Right. But usually it’s not law enforcement running the black market.

Or is it?

6 Likes

Did they have a business license for that lemonade stand, urm, soda cooler? No?, Fine 'em.

4 Likes

In the movies, it’s always a dirty cop that helps out the mob. And movies are always true, unlike the fake news.

3 Likes

The state can’t keep drugs out of prisons, what makes its employees think that it keep anything out of schools?

3 Likes

That’s why rape, arson, murder, tainted food and water, cattle rustling, and construction concrete made with unwashed ocean sand all need to be legal. Making them illegal just means there will be more of them, and they will not enjoy the full blessings of the Free Market :trumpet: :trumpet::cloud: :star2: :cloud: :trumpet: :trumpet:

6 Likes

This seems pretty minor to me. Lots of places have a honor system payment work fridge with soda and snacks in it to avoid having to pay twice as much down at the vending machine. I’d be willing to bet that this was just a case of one kid finding out about the stash in the office and the cops not really caring when more kids dropped by and picked up a snack.

On the enormous list of things that cops do to piss me off, this doesn’t even begin to register.

3 Likes