Police interrogation techniques generate false memories of committing crimes

Works best if done by gas-light :wink:

10 Likes

Police don’t care if you’re innocent, they got conviction numbers to make.

**your, you’re, yore
 correction.

1 Like

Now I want someone else to use this on me. “That’s not like you to procrastinate. You usually do the things that need doing right away.”

7 Likes

As far as you can remember? :wink:

1 Like

I’ve had mine tested. Mine is remarkable. I’m not bragging, it sucks.

1 Like

I can get right on that!

Is ELIZA open source after 50 years? It seems like an easy and obvious hack. Warning: it might speak with a lisp, and “Weizenbaum” just smacks of tree-of-knowledge perils. Plus, the current Dilbert arc hints at hazards.

Definitely needs some thinking. I’ll put that on the list for next weekend.

2 Likes

Politics.

2 Likes

But that’s exactly what you did! Think about it hard, I’m sure you’ll remember.

2 Likes

Confess to fabricated memory. That’s what “Good Cop/Bad Cop” is all about. Break down the personality barriers in a an otherwise unforgiving and dire scenario. Create the desperate condition for a need to find a trustworthy and sympathetic companion - but keep the delivery of confidence always tentative and conditional.

Eventually the need to please "Good Cop"is firmly established as a survival lifeline. This goes to agreeing with fabrications which are suggested as key to keeping in safety - keeping contact.

It’s a form of brainwashing.

But I’m still pretty sure that Dershowitz and Prince Andrew raped mountains of underage sex slaves.

Nope, I’ve tried, but nothing remotely unusual or exciting’s happened to me, aside from my alien abduction and the genie I rescued (I made two disastrous wishes and had to use the last one to wish everything back to normal).

Ghost-hacked humans are so pathetic, it’s a shame. And this poor bastard has been hacked pretty badly.

I have tried that, but I seem to be unable to mask the dripping sarcasm.

1 Like

The obvious prophylactic against being falsely convinced of your guilt is to preëmpt it by actually doing whatever crimes you may be accused of.

1 Like

Thus my plan to seduce Salma Hayek somewhere where adultery is still illegal.

I watched the frightening Faith Chapel Church ritual abuse case happen right in my city, and the implanted, obviously false memories were absurd on the face of it, but seemingly intelligent adults, including prosecutors, were repeating the allegations as facts, and seem to have done their own implantation of beliefs. It was like a disease vector, and no doubt many of these people still believe the satanic ritual abuse which included secretly killing an elephant and a giraffe and drinking their blood. It was downright scary to watch the march in lockstep almost to conviction.

1 Like

In interrogation training I thought they said “good cop, sad cop.” For the record, it doesn’t work nearly as well.

3 Likes

Holy crap! I swear a friend of mine just tried this on me. He gets to BB articles faster than me, so it is totally possible.

It was actually tied to a bad habit of mine, so I have to say, I hope it works.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.