Possible PBBB laptop RPG game

Run the Arron/Thwip/Hawk room for a few rounds to give them a bit more time?

2 Likes

~fanfare~

Kellogg presents: The Hawk and Thwip Show!

Whenever thereā€™s a dungeon
And Things are everywhere
When the fighters are dead
Who will be there?

Hawk and Twhiiiiip!

(Thirty years later itā€™s remade into a series of very shitty summer movies)

I ruin everything I touch. :cry:

Sorry folks; thereā€™s just not much I can do with two-thirds of the players in the main action gone [1].

Shall we proceed with Nic and Jibril on autopilot? @Daaksyde, is Ranar still awake?

Any word on where our heroes have gone?

Sure, Iā€™m still around. As for Ranar, time seems to slow down during that brief moment between doing something impulsive and realizing that heā€™s doing it. :neutral_face:

Iā€™m ok with having PCs (including my own) run as an NPCs until players return if theyā€™ve been gone for awhile. We could try to recruit some more players and work them in somehow as well.

Fixing a house this weekend; back Monday

2 Likes

Pardon the mental run-on, Iā€™m feeling confessional this morning. Probably yet another side effect of the medication they gave me for my pulled back muscleā€¦

We could try to recruit some more players and work them in somehow as well.

Here in Expatlandia, itā€™s hard to run/ play games because generally the only free time anyone has is on weekends and for a lot of people theyā€™d rather go explore the foreign nation theyā€™re inā€¦ or just simply wanting to go to a bar and get laid on the weekendā€¦ rather than sit around rolling dice. And for those who may be interested, well, theyā€™re usually not going to be in country for long enough to have any sort of long term campaign.

Recruiting happens a lot and someoneā€™s old character gets passed to new but inexperienced players. Since D&D is pretty much the only RPG anyone has heard of, itā€™s usually the only way to get people playing. Iā€™ve tried to run other systems very limited successā€¦ but this might also be because being a GM is a details-oriented sort of job and Iā€™m more about the funny voices. I usually only GM when I canā€™t get anyone else to do it.

But this remind me of the geek generation gap. Iā€™d say my generation was the last one where you turned to PnP on a Saturday night because you lack other options. The last time I played with the young adults here they were all swiping through their plans for after the game on Tinder when it wasnā€™t their turn to stab an orc. D&D is just another option in a full social life.

Pardon my own ramble, but that brought back memoriesā€¦

AD&D 2nd was my first, and when I last played regularly in person there were 7 of us sharing an apartment and an 8th guy from down the street, in a nowhere town without bars or anything else to do. That was before cellphones and before most people had computers with internet. We primarily played Shadowrun with some RIFTS and Vampire The Masquerade. Years later I tried to GM a Shadowrun game online, hoping I could channel my old GM (who ran it as off-the-cuff improvisation, never going through the books or getting bogged down in details during the session). I wasnā€™t very good at it and the campaign faded out before it even really got started.

1 Like

Ouch. Well either that went really well or it went really badly!

Adding to the theme:

I started with RPGs when I was about 9, playing MERPS with my brother and some friends during the Christmas holidays. After we moved into the city when I was 10, I ran into a group of Car Wars players at school.

In high school, that turned into Battletech, AD&D, Rolemaster and an assortment of strategy boardgames (Diplomacy, Imperium Romanum, etc).

After school, I fell away from gaming. I tried to introduce my then girlfriend to it, but it never stuck (my fault; after we split up, she became a freelance writer for Blizzard).

In my late 30ā€™s, I briefly lived with a gamer dude, which got me back into nerdy card games (Munchkin etc). Then I stumbled across some people who were interested in having me run an RPG game for them.

I did, and it worked for a bit, but I was beginning to get sick at the time. That helped to create a few social disasters, and also left me in a state where I canā€™t handle face-to-face interaction with people for more than short periods.

Which is how I came to be here.

2 Likes

Ouch. Well either that went really well or it went really badly!

Any giant monster battle you can limp away from is a good one.

Ballā€™s with you guys; thereā€™s still a bit of unexplored dungeon, and there are still a gaggle of enemies on the surface.

Is the map table offline or it just doesnā€™t understand the command?

The latter.

Is the party headed for the unexplored section? Everyone, or only some? Formation, tactics?

Hawkā€™s shield and spear are still out in the main chamber, somewhere under the water. So are most of Eabdā€™s high-value armoury.

This seems like Ranarā€™s call to me.

Blue Hawk needs his equipment back so I think we go fishing for gear first, then finish exploring, being ready to go whatever we find. (posted plan in narrative)

@nimelennar

Not sure if that bit was missed.

Iā€™m not really sure how to respond to it. I kind of would expect Blue Hawk or Aronn to say something.