Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 2)

So I’m upstairs in the office and I hear “Oh my god come here!”

That’s never good.

A bunny was stuck on the ice in our canal and the ice was unsafe for anyone to stand on.

I grabbed an 18’ extension pole from the work van, some wire ties and duct tape, grabbed the keys to my neighbor’s garage to get his fishing net and off I went.

There is no video so you have to take my word for the rest. I couldn’t reach it from our yard so we got in the car and went to the other side, about 15’ out, one quick scooping motion and it was on dry land.

I’ll be expecting a bundle of carrots by morning.

The bonus is my wife loves me even more. Now I have to order a net to have on hand because I have no idea where my net disappeared to.

17 Likes

Great job saving the Bunbun!
Spongebob Squarepants Ok GIF

14 Likes

Winter Solstice Laughing GIF

15 Likes

My wife’s daughter has moved in with us and brought her tabby Simba, who flew up on the same flight as my Burmese, Lebowski. We were expecting chaos and had an elaborate slow-introduction worked out, but it turned out they bonded from their adjacent cages on the plane ride.

18 Likes

This is Billy.

When he raced he was named Spanioli.

After we rescued him we got him checked out, and found he had a thyroid condition. He was much happier once he was on thyroxin pills.

He was curious, and gentle. He loved roast chicken.

He was fixed in his routines. He would wait by the front door when it was time for his walk. He would let us know it was time for bed by going himself, and coming back to get us if we did not follow. He would bark at us, just once, if he wanted our attention, and after he had laryngeal paralysis surgery to fix a constricted airway, he would huff at us. When he wanted to sunbathe, he would wait by the back door until we let him out, then he would stand in a patch of sun and look at us until we brought his bed out for him. (Pictured above.)

He loved lying in the dappled sunlight in the garden and sleeping.

He was afraid of building site cranes, and the moon, and hot air balloons. For some reason, he didn’t like dalmatians.

He’s fourteen years old, and has been alert and active, and a few days ago we found that he has kidney failure. He started failing fast, and in the last few days, while still alert, has been less active and not eating all, not even the finest and choicest of treats. In that time, he has been calm and comfortable, not stressed and not in any evident pain, but he was clearly just waiting.

This morning, about half an hour ago, the vet came, and he peacefully and quietly crossed the Rainbow Bridge on his favourite bed.

He was a good boy.

21 Likes

I hate hitting the like button for these posts, I don’t like posts when someone loses their loved one.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

17 Likes

oh, my. i am choked and at a loss for words.
what a beautiful eulogy for a beautiful boi. i sense the loss from here. :broken_heart:

17 Likes

hug GIF

18 Likes

I’m really sorry - that’s a beautiful description of a life well-lived.

My son introduced me to the joys of rescue greyhounds and they are some of the sweetest, most affectionate and gracefully derpy dogs there are.

17 Likes

So lucky!

@catsidhe: Oh, what a sweet boy. I’m so sorry.

@Immutable_Mike: my neighbor had a rescue, also named Billie, she was very sweet and super affectionate.

15 Likes

Monsters Inc Hug GIF

15 Likes

I’m so sorry! He was a very good boy!

17 Likes

Almost walked face-first into this guy today. Kuranda, QLD

16 Likes

Ryan Reynolds Want GIF
big nope!
just… eww

9 Likes

As a fellow dog-obeyer, you have my sympathies. Farewell, you good dog, you.

18 Likes

I’ve been dying to ask just what that is…
I’m not sure I really want to know.
And, if I walked face-first into it, would I die?

(I know, Australia - the answer is “probably”).

13 Likes

More stacking cup play.

That’s a piece of dried mango he was trying to get. The buns like it almost as much as banana.

17 Likes

Also… stacking cups obligatory…

otter GIF

15 Likes

In spite if the weather today, which forced schools to close, a true portend of spring appeared this morning:

Seems a bit early for their return.

19 Likes

For me, it’s the first cardinal!

12 Likes