Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 3)

Jyoti’s most recent adventures in pet-sitting:

Frosty face old man poodle Dexter. He’ll be 15 next month!

He fell asleep on my feet

Mitzi the poodle who lives with Tigre the cat. Tigre’s 16 and his tail was strangled in utero so it’s stumpy

More Mitzi

More Tigre

Absolute unit Mr Squishyface the sharpei

21 Likes

shar pies are so busukawaii!
love their funny faces!

12 Likes

Tentative yes. Here’s why I think sharpei muzzles look like balls and scrotum…

You can’t unsee it now. You’re welcome!

Oh hi jyoti, what ya doing? I’m on the toilet, sweetie. Thanks for checking! :sweat_smile:

17 Likes

Four Robins, possibly Mum and Dad and two fledglings, have discovered the Elder Berries are in early this year. We told them they can have the upper branches. :smile: The cat will enforce the rules.

Let purple bird poop season begin… :persevere:

19 Likes

24 Likes
17 Likes

Our cat is only about 14 months old and already has dental plaque that is on its way to becoming tartar, which would cause what you’re dealing with now. Apparently that’s just the way for some cats from the get-go, as opposed to developing over years. (I wonder if being feral, outside on their own and having to gulp food quickly whenever they find it rather than chew it could cause bad ongoing eating habits.)

So, our vet suggested adding some dental food to his usual food. Dental food is expensive, so we’re not replacing his normal food, just supplementing. It’s physically larger, so cats have to chomp on it, and that gets the scraping action where it needs to go.

Maybe check with your vet to see if that could help.

14 Likes

Rainy afternoon naps

20 Likes

Thank you for the post.

But unfortunately the Vet said it was too late. He probably will pull off the front teeth of the poor cat. He said the gingivitis was probably caused by trauma, such as an accident or something like this. He also said that as our cat is an indoor feline he would be ok without the teeth, as He wouldn´t hunt any rodent or bird.

18 Likes

They look so healthy! Did all your hard work pay off?

Nimbus has been on Jerk-Mode for a few days. Good thing the stinker is so cute.

Looking regal and gently insisting on pets

20 Likes

Hello! Iz cave bunny!

21 Likes

Cave edition!

13 Likes

Do I see some double-pointed knitting needles there? Is that a double-pointed cat to go with your double-pointed knitting needles?

15 Likes

What does that rubber stamp say?

8 Likes

Both still have some yucky poos, despite having been wormed with Panacur, StrongidT, and Albon. They are otherwise heathy happy little monsters. Like your Nimbus, they are little troublemakers into everything. My cloud kitten Cirrus is turning out to be a smart cat with surprising focus and leadership abilities, while Joey is a happy jock who needs her to remind him of the cat flap from the sunporch to the house.

14 Likes

He’ll be fine. Had the same thing done on Tabbyguy when he was 2 (he’s 13 now). They left the fangs. He now has a little overbite. I feed him wet food mostly but he’s ok with dry.

18 Likes

Had another encounter with Trouble the other day:

TroubleTrim2
In this one he’s tired of showing off his new haircut, but his ears still perk up at the mention of his name:

19 Likes

@zfirphdn Yup, double-point knitting needles. I haven’t knitted a pair of socks, or anything else for that matter, in years, but I still hold onto a yarn SABLE*, ever hopeful that I will someday have the time and mental bandwidth to knit again.

@FGD135 The stamp is from Kiddo’s crafty period of painting tiles to sell as coasters at her hybrid school’s entrepreneurial fair. The stamp says “Coasters With A Smile”.

…and to get this back on topic, here’s another kitten photo

*Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy (for the non-fiber arts folks)

18 Likes

Neat!

Rubber stamps - have one for every occasion!

14 Likes

And onto the next pet-sit with beautiful Milhouse (the grey) and Abby (black and white)

22 Likes