Printer refuses humor magazine because "Christian owners" want to protect "the kids"

I personally cannot thrive in the society that Trump and his GOP cronies seem to want, so I have no choice but to wave the red flag at the bull. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few years.

3 Likes

Bystander is meant to evoke print magazines from 1965-1985, and people seem to really dig that. I am obsessed with print culture from that period (Hayes’ Esquire, Pushpin Studios, etc) and am delighted people seem to like my interpretation of it.

3 Likes

I didn’t want to out the printer – I appreciated the salesman’s honesty, and he gave me the name of someone to go to. Turned out to be 'way too expensive, but everybody seemed to be acting in good faith, doing their best to help. Outing the printer would’ve only hurt the person who was trying to do right by me in a difficult situation.

4 Likes

I agree. I mentioned it to point out that the public shame Gutierrez was mentioning doesn’t come into play if the public doesn’t know who the printer was.

And not that we should be told who they are, either.

I hope you can find an affordable printer and get your magazine to print soon.

1 Like

My cats shred the everlovingshit out of paper, but I’ve never seen the kind of destruction that mice do. I’m not deluded enough to open a print shop (even though I’d enjoy the work) but if I did, there would totally be cats.

1 Like

Is there are reason not to have cats?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.