Public domain scores a huge appeals court victory: the law cannot be copyrighted (UPDATED)

Thanks so much for fighting for us all! :+1:
Also, I love the indigo book, great job there too!

3 Likes

ISTR that this would be complicated by the 11th amendment prohibition against suing a state in Federal court.

1 Like

It’s good to have the clarification. It is also good that I’m a supporter of the ACLU.

1 Like

Correct. But I am in the US, so that argument is irrelevant in the context on my country. And to the question are large as it is about US jurisdiction I feel that bringing this up is a bit off topic.

Intangible property is a very real concept in the US legal system. You might consider reading about it. It’s a fascinating aspect of common law. And the basis for how we are able to transfer ownership of corporations and intellectual property. A different legal system than the US can use a process of registration and applications to a court to deal with copyright, but that’s not how it works here.

That’s what I said., Just with the expectation that Gov. won’t pay. Especially with the Small govt types running around.

I’m not as familiar with American caselaw pertaining to copyright; Westminster governments such as Canada derive most of the legal basis of interpretation from statutes (Dating back to the first Printer acts and thr Statute of Anne).

It appears that governments state and federal can disregard exclusive rights granted under thr Copyright Act at will.

Um… that’s Stacey Abrams… and yes, she did burn that shit:

That’s the GOP controlled GA for ya… Hopefully, we can break that stranglehold this year and in the coming years…

4 Likes

f5dbc34e088fbba91e56be54ef64a550023f0b52_1_330x500

4 Likes

Looks like legislatures will have to seek public input for their work, rather than farm out that work to private interests.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.