Quickly add the Google Play store to your new Amazon Fire 10HD

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/11/quickly-add-the-google-play-st.html

Handy! Just got mine as well.

1 Like

These steps are eerily similar to the steps required to install Amazon apps on a normal android device.

Add any tips or tricks here and I’ll do a round up/review in a few days. Thus far it’s working great. I’ve written posts, read emails, downloaded Bladerunner off my Plex…

I recently added the play store to my Fire 8. I had to reboot the device before it let me install the apk’s.

1 Like

Any tips on how to remove Google Play Store from a Samsung Galaxy Tab A?

2 Likes

That all being said I’m immediately running into errors trying to follow your steps :frowning:

Download the latest version of the Google Account Manager and get a ‘error parsing package’ issue when launching.

Edit: it looks as though maybe the over the air update that got installed is breaking things. Fun.

Edit 2: No idea why, but I couldn’t install the versions you linked, or the latest versions. Instead I followed this guide (which is essentially the same steps with different versions) and it worked. https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/how-to-install-google-play-store-fire-t3486603

1 Like

Well that sucks. It was flawless for me.

EDIT: I searched and replaced with versions claimed known good. Dunno if its an OTA update changing things or what.

The XDA-developers forum you cite is a great source.

1 Like

It was similarly easy to add Google Play store to my previous Kindle, but then it was made quite difficult for me update Google Play items after subsequent Amazon updates.

Everything could be fine, just noting, caveat emptor.

I’ve tried this a couple of times on my 2016 Fire HD 8, and ended up backing it out each time. It always seems to kill battery life, and make the thing slow down noticeably. So now I’ve just learned to live with Sylk browser instead of Chrome, Outlook (yes, Microsoft Outlook) instead of Gmail, etc. Not so bad once you get used to it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.