Randomly Generated Catalog of Creepily Nondescript Domestic Surveillance Equipment

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/09/12/catalog.html

The Cobham catalog, exposed by The Intercept, features countless pages of surveillance gadgets sold to U.S. police to spy on American citizens: tiny black boxes with a big interest in you. In the creepily bland feature lists and nerdy product names is a whisper of a dark future; perhaps darker than anyone can imagine.

8 Likes

Randomly Generated Catalog of Creepily Nondescript Domestic Surveillance Equipment

10 Likes

For the common good.

13 Likes

#SupportOurSnoops

3 Likes

What happens if you put an E͔̲n͎̯̞̤̭̙͉̞̺̲d̟̳̹o̪̜̱̹͕͓̘̳g̯͔̦̖̣̞͙e̤͎̻̜̜̻̼̼n̯̟͕͙̝̥̹̠͇̪̫̥͙̹o͈͉̞̩̣̰̯u͈̲͇̻̜̻̻̝̮͎̯̮̯̬͉ͅs͚͉̺̗͉̮̣̝̲̟͍̼̯ ̰̥͙͔̼̯̘̬̙̲̝̞̥͉̘F̭̟̞̱̹l̗͙̳e̺̪̺͙͖̣͖͈̟͈͉̟̤s̜̞͍̜͕͍̝̱͕̲̼͇h͇̱͔͚͙̺̹̼ ͚͓̩̤̪͔̟C͎͙̠͙̜̜̯̥̱̯u̖̤̲b͕̦̤͖̥̝̟͈̭̠e͚̭̦̣̠͈̹͉̳̜̣̠̠̬̯ͅ inside a R̹̖e͙̤͍̱s͈͈͕͉o̬̞̪͓n̹a̯n͚t̤ ̣̥̹E̘̬t̬̝͍̼h͍͚͙̙e͚̮̟r͔̫̰n͉e̬̦t̘̘̦ ̝̙Ṣ̱͓͍k̲̭̘͓u͚̪͕̲l͓̞l̮̼ and hit go?

1 Like

It’s like if SCP joined forces with Skymall.

3 Likes

Have any of them been used on the famous Mr Mandela?

1 Like

Full set:

See also:

And many more.

I am hooked.

1 Like

I just had to :smiley:

3 Likes

This made me howl

well played. sir

Paf Paf Paf Paf Paf Paf Paf Paf

1 Like

I’m more interested in the bushmeat. I heard gorilla tastes just like rhinoceros. Is this true?

Actually, I think the Area-wide Traffic Disrupter runs Windows 10, not Linux

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.